br Salvador Porters: A Father's Love

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Father's Love

A little over a week ago the whole family caught a virus. It is bad enough when one person is sick but add to that the other parent and the child and you get an interesting situation. First let me say that I think and hope that we are finally getting over it. Praise God for that.

This is one of the first time Kelton has ever been this sick (Praise the Lord), and therefore also the first time I have experienced seeing my child in this much consitent pain. It is AWEFUL and something no parent ever wants to see. I just remember on the first night after he had several episodes of spontaneous vomiting how my heart ached to its core. It was the tight squeezing of a vice that made my whole body ache as I asked God that night if he would allow the sickness to leave Kelton and fall on me instead.

This also drew me into consideration of our Father's love and how His heart must weep in agony when we are in pain. And how when our lives are full of pain where else would he be but by our side holding us, couching us, helping us, ... loving us. It is the natural place for a father to be in reference to his hurting child. And so all of this makes me all the more glad that He is my God and I am His child. This is a face of the God I want to tell everyone about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home