br Salvador Porters: 1 to 0 at Halftime

Monday, August 08, 2005

1 to 0 at Halftime

Finally, after several months I have now attended my first professional soccer game. For those who do not know Salvador has two professional soccer teams (at least semi-professional they are both in the "B" league right now.). The other guys on our team and myself watched Esporte Clube Bahia, more commonly known as Bahia, play yesterday. What a game! We had such a great time. The soccer game was fun and the crowd was interesting to watch as well. For several years now people have told me there is no comparison between the Brazilian love for soccer and the American love for football and after yesterday's game I would believe it. When Bahia scored the only goal in the first half the approximate 30,000 people shook the 60,000 person concrete statium. I look forward to my next chance to take in a game and little bit of the culture too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home