br Salvador Porters: O que? Are you speaking Portuguese to Me?

Thursday, July 21, 2005

O que? Are you speaking Portuguese to Me?

We continue our daily endevor to learn this language. Each day we pray that a few more words and concepts to cement themselves into our brains. It is as hard as you might think it is to completely learn a new language. To change how you think about the world around you and to put it in a different order. We make big mistakes and little ones. Yesterday in class we had to describe ourselves and I said I had "orelhas verdes e brilhantes" my teacher burst out laughing because instead of saying I had bright green eyes (olhos) I said I had bright green ears(orelhas). That definately goes under the category of little mistakes. I am afraid I don't even realize some of my big ones. However we cannot allow ourselves to be intimadated by our mistakes or we never speak at all. And its pretty hard to tell people about the good news if you don't talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home