br Salvador Porters: Sunday Morning Reflections

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Sunday Morning Reflections

It is sunday morning. The sun rises early in Salvador and therefore so do we. It is a different experience for me to not be rushed and frantic as we try to make it to church on time. It is amazing how much time you have before worship when you get up before seven. This morning there was time for play and time for study. The girls on our team are participating in a bible study together. We are starting our third week, and I can't even tell you how impactful it has been for us to study the word together on a consistent basis. We are using the Beth Moore bible study, "Beliveing God." It is all about being a person who not only believes in God, but a person who believes God. Believing that God is who he says he is and can do what he says he can do. I truly believe that God has given us this study for such a time as this. We are finally here in Brazil to do what we have been planning to do for so long and the question comes, are we people, am I a person who has the faith to allow God to do all that he has planned for the church is Salvador, Brazil? Do I have the courage to truly believe God and believe that the same God who parted the Red Sea and made the Sun stand still and brought people back from the dead is the God that is moving and working here in Salvador. And incredibly he is the God moving and working in me! God is truly moving among us to make us a people of Great Faith.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Jennifer,
I am not sure if you remember me. I offically met you at "Old Navy" here in Abilene. You were shopping with your son and I knew you looked familiar and took a chance and said "hello." I just saw the link to your Blog on the Highland Website and I am so excited to read your thoughts and prayers. I am thinking of you, and I ask for prayers from across the world too. God Bless you today and always.
In Christ,
Olivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home