br Salvador Porters: Meeting with local leaders

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Meeting with local leaders

Last night I was able for the first time to attend the local leaders meetings for Churches of Christ in the city. It was a great night. They meet every two months for several hours. My Portuguese is finally at a place that I can understand at least a little of what is happening. Of course, I still have a ways to go before I understand all of it, but it was a good milstone for me. It was nice to build on the relationships we have been forming with these leaders of the churches. I had a good time and a few laughs especially when after about 20-30 minutes of talking one of the guys would ask if I understand and then wait for me to say, "Sort of." Nevertheless it was a good start and I look forward to more in the future.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Heather A said...

What an exciting milestone for you! Congratulations! I was incredibly impressed with how well all of you guys are doing in your Portuguese, and I pray that God continues to bless your language learning as well as your relationships with Brazilians! I love you guys and miss you a lot!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Sarah B said...

Good for you, Randy! I know it must be hard to not understand it all, but hopefully the other leaders are a "safe" environment to learn and grow in language and in the Lord. Keep at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home