br Salvador Porters: Thanksgiving

Friday, November 17, 2006

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow our team is celebrating Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday. I love all the food, I love spending the day with those I love, I love playing games and watching movies and then eating again.
Tonight I am feeling quite thankful so I thought I would share with you some of the things I am thankful for.

1. I am thankful to be alive. Last weekend I experienced a true medical emergency. I am thankful that we live in a time where emergency surgeries exist as well as competent doctors and generous people who donate blood. Thank you to each of you who give blood.

2. I am thankful for my incredible husband who loves me and cares for me and is currently in the other room making the crust for homemade apple pie.

3. I am so thankful for my adorable, energetic boy. He is truly a light in my life and brings me such joy.

4. I am thankful for everyone who prays for me when they think of it, each month, each week, each day. I can't imagine what my life would be like with without yours prayer.

5. I am thankful for my church family. This week I have really felt lovedby my church family, in the States and here in Salvador. It is an incredible gift God has given us.

Thank you for listening to my thoughts. I am also thankful to be coming to the States on furlough soon where I can see you face to face.

3 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

Jenn -- I just read yesterday on the Highland connection the prayer request for you....when I sent it to Sarah Booker, she filled me in on a little more of the details. Wow. I am so glad that everything worked out as well as it did. I love reading about what is going on with you guys! Know that I do say a prayer each time I see your name....

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Sarah B said...

I'll add to your list: I am thankful for Vonnage phones and good connections. Loved talking with you. Can't wait to hug you! - Sarah B

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Heather A said...

I already emailed you today, but I'll say it again. You guys were on my heart today and I've been praying for you lots! I'm thankful for your family and the whole team and the opportunities you guys have given me to experience Brazil. I'm thankful that I get to see you in January. I'm thankful that I get to spend ten whole weeks with you this summer!!!! Love you and miss you soooooooooooo much! Give Kelton and Randy hugs and kisses for me! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home