br Salvador Porters: Paivi, Claudia and Hamilton

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Paivi, Claudia and Hamilton

Yesterday a new aquaintence Sandra introduced me to several of her friends. Let me tell you why this was so exciting to me.

Sandra lives in Belo Horizonte and is the daughter-in-law of one of our members. She had lived and worked in Salvador and met her husband here at Church. And then 2 years ago they were transfered to Belo. She and her husband are here for two weeks on vacation to see their family. Sunday we had lunch with the family, and Sandra started talking about the friends from work with whom she had been studying the Bible with or had had God conversations with before she got transfered to Belo Horizonte. She was going to try to catch up with them this week and the idea came about that I would go with her to meet them so we could invite them to church.

As I went with her to visit her old colleauges, I was impressed by her passion and how excited she was about our church. She has only visited our church one time, but enthusiastically invited her friends to come and visit. She told them how much they would like this church and the people.

Being with Sandra yesterday, I am again encouraged to be more bold with people I know and people I don't know to invite them to church and/or to study the Bible. Sometimes I am timid and I don't want to put undue pressure on my friends. But God is continuing to make me an evangelist. To tell you the truth, it doesn't come naturally to me. I am an introvert. I don't really like to strike up conversations with people I don't know or don't know well. But praise the Lord, he can use my weaknesses as his strengths. He can empower me with boldness and words and courage. I need these things.

Please pray for my new aquaintences, that I will be bold and call them and continue to invite them to visit our church. Pray for Paivi, Claudia (her daughter is Beatriz and her husband is Cleber) and Hamilton.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn...I miss you.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger G'ampa C said...

Just be yourself, my friend, and they will come to love you and know your passion for the Lord. I do miss you all and love you. It is a bittersweet feeling to pray for you all in Lifeteam. God's blessings on you all three. Serve the Lord and the lost, love your two guys with fervor.

I am a real grandpa now. Somehow I hadn't thought to tell you guys. Kyleigh Abigail Allison was born on my dad's birthday--- July 13. She's growing like a weed and everyon is doing well, but they are lonely. (See last post and comments at gampac.blogspot.com
Love you.
C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home