br Salvador Porters: Celebrating 6 Months!

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Celebrating 6 Months!



Next week we celebrate 6 months on the field. We decided to celebrate this with new haircuts. I am always quite nervous to get my haircut by someone I don't know so it has taken me six months to work up the courage to go to a beauty salon here. Overall it was a good experience. I was reminded that I don't know the words to ask for "layers", to tell them I have frizzy hair or that I would like for it to have a better style. In the end I just said I am growing it out, don't make it shorter and do what you want to make it look good.
Randy went the easier route and had our teammate Russell cut his hair. It was much easier to explain what he wanted.


4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Y'all look so good!!! Definitely a success with the haircuts.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Yup - you guys look great. Good seeing you in the pictures. Keep those coming. It's fun watching Kelton 'Grow up' while you are away. :o)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Heather A said...

I miss you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!! Scott and Rachel gave a report at Oasis tonight about their time with you in July. Then, during the prayer time, Mike invited anyone who was interested in praying for the work in Salvador to join together, and we had a really neat prayer time for you guys. As I prayed, I began to get really excited about what God is doing and going to do through you guys in Salvador. I just wanted to get on a plane and go back to you guys right then! Send my love and blessings to the rest of the team! You guys are in my prayers daily!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

the haircuts suit you guys well. jennifer, maybe one day russ will also specialize in women's haircuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home