br Salvador Porters: My new favorite thing

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My new favorite thing

So it really is just like they say that as your child grows each stage gets better and better. Sometimes that is hard to imagine like when that tiny hand grasps your thumb and everything else in the world goes away. And some other times you grasp onto that hope like a woman on a sinking ship, like when you are in the middle of potty training and you are cleaning up the third accident of the day and it is only 10:30am and nap time is 3 1/2 hours away.

Well we have entered a new stage with Kelton that I just can't get enough of. We have always prayed with Kelton, before meals, before nap, before bedtime, after spankings. But now Kelton has started to pray on his own. I can honestly say that my heart has never felt this before. The emotion that it is filled with to hear my child talking to God is truly beyond words of description. I can only imagine that it is just a glimmer of what it is like to see your child make the choice of their own free to make Jesus the Lord of their life. But for now it is pretty much the coolest thing EVER to hear him talk to God. I'm not quite sure all of what he says but I'm pretty sure that God understands every word. The purity of those moments is nothing short of holy.

Guiding and teaching your child to love and honor God is an awesome responsibility. One that I am not sure I am all that well equipped to do, accept for the fact that God was the one who hired me for the job. And the cool thing is, is that He is still teaching me how to love and honor him and allows me to pass those things on to Kelton. And being in those holy moments with Kelton hearing him talk with his heavenly father just inspires me to enter into my own holy moments with my heaven father.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sarah B said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son and to God! I know you are a great mother and Kelton is just following yours (and Randy's) lead on how to love our Father. Glad you are enjoying this stage.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Heather A said...

What a sweet, sweet post. I can't wait to come hear those precious prayers for myself! Love you guys!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Laurie B said...

That was the sweetest thing I've ever read. What a precious boy you are raising. He is very blessed to have you and Randy as parents to "train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." This story is a blessing to me as well. Thank you for sharing it. I love you! Jennifer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home