br Salvador Porters: My Dad

Friday, February 16, 2007

My Dad

First, thank you so much for praying for my dad. For those of you who may not know. My has had cancer for the last little bit. He originally had it 22 years ago and it has reoccured a few times (this being the third). Each time they have been able to take care of the cancer by various means. When it reoccured this time though, they decided they needed to amputate the arm.

While this was not anyone's first choice it is our best option. Therefore plans were made to do surgery next week. However on Monday on his way home from the doctor’s office he started bleeding and they had to come back to the hospital. They then moved the surgery up and did it yesterday morning. Everything went well.

I want to thank so many of you for your prayers. We have felt your prayers and know God is with us. Just so you know, my dad is doing well. He came out of surgery yesterday and spent most of the day sleeping and punching a morphene button. Today he is talking and joking and having a good time. The surgery went well and hopefully we will be leaving the hospital in a couple of days. We have a great and powerful God who has been with us at every step through the good and the bad. thank you all so much for praying. we love you all.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Sarah B said...

I love y'all too. Glad I could be with you. Hope the rest of your "vacation" time holds joy - in whatever you end up doing! Sarah B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home