br Salvador Porters: Finishing Classes

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finishing Classes

Tonight was the final class of an 8 week series I have been teaching up at the building. It is part of an effort to reach out the community and create more opportunities to people about God. I have used our evangelistic Bible studies as the basis for the class. Although the class has not had our desired result of attracting mostly non-Christians, I have enjoyed the class immensely. The first time I taught the class we had a hard time keeping up consistency, but this time was completely different. Early on we settled in with about eight people, one of them being one of our members and another being a seeker from our neighborhood.

The classes have been very lively. Each week we worked through my basic outline and each week our discussions led us beyond my outline into discussions about who God is and how we are able to live with Him in relationship. Tonight as everyone was leaving I felt a little sadness. Over these eight weeks we have grown together and shared much of ourselves. I am sad we don’t have next week to look forward to be together again.

It has been a great class and I pray God’s blessings on all those who came. I pray the most for Othon who came out of curiosity and has now received the seeds of the Gospel. I pray they will grow and that he will be open for more opportunities to journey together on this road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home