br Salvador Porters: No baby yet

Saturday, March 08, 2008

No baby yet

So we are still waiting for little Samuel's arrival. We have about a week until our official due date, although I had really convinced myself that he was going to come early. It is an interesting time of life. Waiting, expecting. I feel like it is the epitamy of waiting for God's timing. God definately knows when it is the right time for Samuel, for our family, for the work, for the hospital.

Everyday Samuel waits to come gives me another chance to cross something else off my list. All the absolutely necessary things are done, but it is nice to get some of the smaller things done, around the house or for work. I got my hair cut yesterday, which I have been needing to do for 2 months. It is very short. Shorter than I have had it in more than 4 years. It is much cooler and it should be easier to take care of with a newborn. And it is good to have a chance to work on more of my jobs that I will have to pass off to my teammates when I go on maternity leave.

I love the idea of maternity leave. With Kelton, we were in the middle of our training so I went back to classes after about two weeks. But I feel very blessed to have the flexibility to stay home with Samuel for 2 months. Even after that, I get to just take Samuel with me. I have job that involves time with people, having people in my home, study preparations, and church activities. All of these things allow for the flexibility of being a mom. I won't be working 40 hour weeks for a long time, but I do get to do the things I love most in the world: being with my family and serving our gracious Father through the church here in Salvador.

Please continue to pray for Samuel's birth, the waiting and the reality of his addition to our family.

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sarah B said...

Short hair, huh? I wanna see.... :) I'm so glad you're getting to do a few more things on your list. And I'm thrilled that you're getting to do maternity leave the way you want to this time. May you all be blessed. Can't wait to see pics soon.... Love ya.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger summer said...

Can't wait for the news of that precious little one's arrival! (And I need to see a picture of the new look! I just know it's cute, cute.) Love you, sweet friend!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Heather A said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my soon-to-be "nephew"! Glad that God is blessing your family and the work and I can't WAIT to be there with you! Lots of love!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I've been wondering how you and little Samuel were doing. I'm glad that he has given you time to get everything ready, and I'm praying he doesn't overstay his welcome. :) Do send pictures of your haircut!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home