br Salvador Porters: Wait!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wait!

"Espera, Kelton! Espera!" "Wait, Kelton! Wait." I say these words a lot to Kelton these days. "Wait for mama." "Wait, I'm pouring your juice." "Wait, we have to put on shoes before we go to the park." I am continually telling my son to wait. He has no patience. He wants his drink now. He wants to go to to the park now, with or without clothes. He wants to run across the street without holding mama's hand. It is a lesson I must teach him, the lesson of waiting.

This week I am wondering how well I am doing at learning this lesson. How often is God saying to me, 'wait Jennifer, wait.' 'Wait, this is a time of preparation.' 'Wait, you must hold my hand at this crossing.' 'Wait, you can't have that now.'

God is active and alive and moving in my life. I feel him pushing me and guiding me all the time. But I think the lesson I need to learn the most is to wait for him. To wait on his timing, to wait until I hear his voice before I act. It is in the waiting that we can take the time to learn and to be sure of who it is we are learning from.

We would love to hear your stories of God's asking you to wait and his faithfulness through the waiting.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I, like Rhesa, just found your blog. Ok, so I could've seen it earlier but I had pregnant brain. Not anymore! Praise the Lord. Anyway, I will check in more often. Glad to hear you're doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home